This is the MugPunters.com.au podcast for Thursday 16th November 2017 and in our breaking news headlines this week:
- Australia is heading to the football world cup despite more draws than an entire Ikea bedroom furniture department. Meanwhile, football powerhouses Italy and the Netherlands will miss out proving for once and for all that Australia is a far superior soccer nation.
- Former 10 time world boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya has called out Conor McGregor claiming he’s been secretly training for the last five months and suggests he’s faster and stronger than ever before. Well, get in line Oscar, because so far McGregor has been called out by former sparring partner Paul Malignaggi, current welterweight champion Aussie Jeff Horn and that’s not even to mention the others lining up for biffo in Warren Ryan, James Packer and I believe Bartz even you’ve put your hand up for a slice of the Pay Per View purse if Conor is interested?
- And Ian Botham has come out ahead of the Ashes suggesting David Warner and Steve Smith could end up with “serious back pain” given they will have to carry Australia’s batting load in the upcoming series. Ricky Ponting has hit back (no, not like the incident at the Bourbon and Beefsteak a few years back, verbally I mean) and suggested that Botham should know what back pain feels like, having had to constantly carry the fact that he’ll always be a whinging old Pommy git. Well, no Ricky didn’t actually say that… but I’m sure Crownbet has a market on what he did say.
PLUS we’ve got hot tips for:
- The upcoming Ashes series
- A sneaky Women’s ashes wager
- The Rugby League World Cup
- More Soccer World Cup Qualifiers
- And some very strange random sports around the world!
Worthwhile Weekly Wagers
Steve Smith – Player of the Series
Steelers to beat Titans
Aus -24.5 v Samoa
Peru to beat NZ
Moonee Valley Friday R2
#2 Sly Romance